onsdag 25. mai 2011

Favorite workout

Warm up with ten minutes build to Steady, then 10x 15s Fast / 45s Easy; then 2x18 minutes as 6 min Steady/Mod-hard/Threshold with 2 min Easy between the sets. Cool Down.

This one is my indoor favorite workout. I have kept asking myself why?

The fact that I`m allowed to build into my threshold suits me very well. I have in very many areas in my life been a slow starter, thats a pattern for sure. Still when I got into it I have always been quit good to push all way thru when allowed too start "slow", better when hitting it from the start. I also guess that all training over the winther has made me fit, but it also mean that my body need long warm ups. Mentally it is better to go with a negative split than a positive. It makes me look strong, at least it tells my mind "you were strong today". Building into things with a increas in effort also means that I`m quit good at pacing my workouts. Thats a good skill too have on race day and in life in general. Good too know when building up my nxt race plan, seasson or when planning the life outside triathlon. Key things too remember for Jan Hugo.:

#1 Long warm up
#2 Slow start
#3 Negative split

 = Strong today :)

//JH

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar