torsdag 28. juli 2011

FINALLY I`M TIRED

After my week of Race Simulation (38 h quality training) I fucked up my 9 k swim on Wednesday. After 3000 m, I left the pool, shivering and with a little fever. Master coach Jane remarked already on the warm up set, "Jan, you are tired today." Tired has been my first name since then. I`m on the following medication over the next three days.:

70 min easy spin + 20 min run
20 min easy spin + light strenght
Easy swim

Nxt week is going to be big again. So I have to recover fast. Attending EC Colorado Climbing Camp. That will be big with 850 k mostly climbing, running and swimming as normal. Then I probably hit the 35-40 h mark again. This is a good week to be really tired on .. When i freshen up to the camp I will make a new sollid block 4 wks out of UK. That is great news and perfect timing of a camp from a fitnes standpoint.






  • Day Two: Fall River (11,796 ft) & Milner (10,758 ft) Passes
  • Day Three: Berthoud (11,315 ft) & Loveland (11,992 ft.) Passes
  • Day Four: Vail (10,554 ft.) Passport
  • Day Five: Vail, Fremont (11,318 ft) & Tennessee (10,424 ft) Passses
  • Day Six: Vail and Loveland Passes
  • Day Seven: Squaw (9807 ft) Passport

Tomorrow i go to visit the doctor to do some blood tests to ensure that we have control of the iron values ​​and red blood cells. Reassuring to check with the training program that we run now.
Colting is in Boulder and it's good to finally talk a little sworsk again ... !
Why is it so difficult to realize that recovery is part of a training plan and a plan is only a guideline which must be constantly adjusted. I just want a plan and run it 100% from day to day and week by week. After 170 hours of training since I arrived Bo, Co the gave me warning signs for the first time. If I had listened better I might read the signals before. Since motivation is so high it may be that I foul myself to believe that I`m less tired than I am. Well, there is no crisis as this was the perfect time to be fatigued. Normally I would be back again after a few days. The legs has the power, it's a little headache and dizziness that is the problem.
I feel at the moment "a little" better but not 100% yet. Has the focus on 1) Sleep 2) Quality of food 3) Drink lots of 4) Avoid the sun and heat 5) No load on the legs beyond training 6) Massage 7) Compression of the legs 8) Do not over think itOn Sunday we start on a new big block of training. Over seven days, we will ride 850 k and most of it is climbing in the mountains. In addition, running and swimming. Expect to run 4-5 of 7 days, the golden 30 minutes would be plenty. When it comes to swimming, I take things as they come, but expect severals swimming sessions over the week. Then it will become another 35-40 hour week.  
 
 

1 kommentar:

  1. you are running strong Jan!

    A little tiredness once in a while is a good things and shows you are putting in the effort. I a proud to call you my friend and seek inspiration within your efforts daily!

    I hear a rumor IM is coming to Norway...have you heard anything?

    My wife Jen is in Boulder until Tomorrow at EC Womens Camp.....I told her to look for the viking...;)

    SvarSlett