onsdag 27. juli 2011

SUPER VIKING HERO IS DOWN

After all killing in Norway the blogging went down. I have been crying and felt a lot of sadness in my life. Still, as they say back in Norway if one man can be so evil, think about all the love the Norwegian community can give each other.  

Here is some updates from my Race simulation week.

I was totally exhausted on the second last day of my race simulation week. After 4800 m ows and 8 hours of riding I blew up due to dehydration and my mind. I could no longer keep my head in the game and it ended up with a complete stop and "icebathing" in ice from the ice machine at a grocery store. Probably I was dehydrated and mentally not strong enough to hang on anymore. When looking back at it, I probably felt a touch sorry about myself and should have been abel to kept it rolling, but ... lesson learned.
1. Keep moving forward  
Even if your f *, reorganize and keep moving forward. Things will be better, just keep your head in the game.
After 1/2 h I were back to more "normal" again and rolled into Boulder when the sky`s opened up with big rain.
Engine kicked back pretty sollid the day after, 32 k run with 600 m ascent @Super Magnolia, total run 37 k, @5:30 pace. That was the end of our ultraman simulation week. A great week with coach Gordo, and a lot of value to put into the raceplan. Why could I bounch back so quickly after just 17-18 h with recovery after yesterdays Super Viking Hero is down? That`s not a big secreet, but our recovery strategy is clearly working.
2. Run / walk strategy
Pretty simple, but demands a lot of patience. It will probably take me faster to the finish line than running all the way and it will be much easier for me to race mentally.
3. Cap in HR to keep the body processing the food
For ultra I really need to process the food. If my system shouts down I will not reach the finish line. It is so easy to go light on this topic. After 8 days with simultations my feel is that I have a good strategy for were and when to lift my HR.  
4. Stay on the top of calories
If I can replace energy out with energy I will be good. I will bounch back at the last day for the doble marathon. That will give me around 40-60 k of running before I get a REALLY hard time. From that point of the run I will need the best crew I can get to help me. The training over the week have giving me the needed confidence. I can do it.
5. Use all energy between the days to your recovery strategy
A lot can be said here, but for me .. I`m in heaven here in Boulder. 100 % focused on the task .. Isolated from mostly all life stress, a lot of sleeping and good nutrition. Livin it `

All five is key and it seems so easy on the paper, but there is a lot of practice behind each of the five to figure out what works.

Totally 38 h over 8 days with a lot of quality training. I have been in the pain cave, I have had a hell of a good time, I have been riding up to 12000 feet, I have been swimming 10 k.. and much more..

Jan

1 kommentar:

  1. Love it jan!...keep doing the work and continue to be great

    SvarSlett