søndag 3. juli 2011

Lonsome, but not alone!

Then my Danish friend Mikkel Bondesen left me alone. We had seven great days together in my apartment in Boulder. A feeling of emptiness has filled me this afternoon. It is also my easy training day. That has made the day longer than necessary. Mikkel has always a smile on his lips and are nicked named here in Boulder as Mr. Hollywood. My recovery after yesterday's 7-hour training day has been fast, and will even be better now that I'm all alone. I am a very social person, therefore, it is strange to think that I still shall be here 2,5 months before I travel over to UK. Of course I have many new friends around me, but today I have for the first time since I arrived felt alone. Well tomorrow I will be working full day at my Norwegian job, and running for 2 hours am + 45 min in the afternoon. It will fill up my day and suddenly I'm back on the winning track again.
Yesterday I rode out with the "A team" after SCP master swimming. Justin Daerr that who is a professional triathlete was riding out with us. He was doing a warm-up and then 30 minutes with "effort." After 25 minutes drafting Justin`s wheel I saw a lot of w on my Garmin. Heaven knows what number he had on his powertap. After a few encouraging shouts from Gordo, I managed to stay to it up a hill. "Good work buddy" Mentally I'm in a different division than last year, and the legs are very strong. The secret lies in two strength sessions per week throughout the year. It has made a big difference for me.
Bullsnake "friendly"
After this I got two flats up in the hill. The team rode without me after the 2nd flat. That was okay for me. It gave me 80 k solo. Riding into Boulder tired but with a good spirit. Lots of experience mentally to run two flats in a day. In a way, a bit down until one finds back into the rhythm again. Estes Park was great. Have to get up there again.
Had a great run this am, besides a friendly snake on the trail. I have snake phobia. For does who not know me, my heart rate reached new heights today. I have to try to overcome this unnecessary phobia of snakes. It has haunted me since I was a little boy. My new friend pointed out the correct name of the snake immediately. Impressive, at least no snake phobia there :) I`m glad that I not was alone out there today. Thanks!

Jan Hugo 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar