fredag 17. juni 2011

No waiting ride for Jan Hugo

Riding with Gordo, Mark and Slater up to Ward today. It was a no waiting ride, but a good ride for me anyway.

Avg 220 w for over a hour when climbing @ my steady hr.
Had a perfect day with Gordo and gang. Although I was the weakest in the group I hung nicely with today still I was left behind climbing up to Ward. Instructive to see all three with different qualities during training. Have great respect for all three of them. I`m very impressed of Slater's top 3 position at UM Hawaii 2010. That boy can really move around on foot or when riding. At least I know what i takes to move up to FOP in a UM. Still a way to go. 
Got good coments from coach Gordo today. You are at a new level both for running and riding this year. That`s good news and our easy plan over the winther has been working. Looking forward to EC summer camp next week. Meeting old and new friends will be great. Still struggeling with my english, but after all I`m improving. Easier to write than speak :)
 
Previously learned lessons still counts.:
Drop your ego when with stronger athletes. Drop the group before you kill your legs. Then you can enjoy the science of steady. When the group is turning or making a stop you will catch up with them again.

Tip of the day.:
Turn the HR monitor when you run so you can check your HR easily.
//JH


1 kommentar:

  1. Great training with you and you have some good tips recorded. That is smart training! Looking forward to living the dream with you for a while ;-)

    SvarSlett