lørdag 18. juni 2011

Unlock your potential

The good guys!
There have been no "buffalo`s" so far in Boulder. So all baking has to be done by my own. A quick search through the EC forum and I found the recipe for Monsy Muffins. I have really done my best back home to make them, but can`t really say that I have relesed my potential on the baking side of my life. But what a day .. on my training day of ("only" a swim) I really hit the baking with a life time beste performance. Just the same tasty healty muffins that is named Monsy muffins @EC. I love it! There is a lesson learned in here. If you just can stick to your coach recipe for a while you will sooner or later reach your goals with a life time best perfomance. I have been pretty good at that over the 2 last years. Still a way to go, but dam I feel good. 
No need to be worried for my next upcomming BIG week. If Gordo can survive and go on his BIG ring on those muffins I can to. That will be my secret over the next week Endurance Corner summercamp. At least I have paid to be in there so all coaches have to be gentle at let me do the brakeaways.

Did a 730am master swim at Scott Carpenter Pool today. Total 4100 LCM. Not bad when considering that this still is my first week over here. Directly of for a breakfast burrito with the good guys. A new 1,5 h powernap before my baking. Heading downtown later to see if here is any buffalos left. 

Arapohe .. More on that later.

Todays lesson learned.:
Stick to your coach and team for a long time. That will result in a life time best performance sooner or later.

Here you go with the reciepe Monsy muffins.:
Dry Ingredients: 1 Cup wholemeal spelt flour
1 1/2 Cups Quick Oats
1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp Wheat Germ
2 tbsp Wheat Bran
Mix Dry Ingredients
Wet Ingredients
1 egg
1 cup low-fat buttermilk
1/4 cup canola oil- or a little less
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup Boiling water
Beat egg and then add rest of ingredients and stir.
Add Wet to Dry and stir. Add in as much raisins/dried fruit/chocolate chips whatever....I usually add dried blueberries or dried cherries/cranberries .
Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes...Spray muffin tins with the non fat oil spray
Livin` it!

Stick to your plan!
//JH

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar