lørdag 11. juni 2011

Why

Does it always need to be a why? My last day’s most frequent question has been why “do you go to US for 3 months. How is that possible to do?” Not an easy question. The question is tricky. When I decided to make my application for UM UK I also decided to go all in to make my best training before the race. I want  to make my “mother” proud of me. At least I want the attention from the people around me that the event like this gives. Of course I could have done an IM or similar, but I have already done that and a UM was something new and bigger also on the paper. I really don’t like racing that much! The process leading up to racing is the part that makes me most happy. From my point of view to make a life time best fitness with a full time job is difficult. Of course I can get fit also when working full time, but not for this race. I need to isolate myself from my normal life. I can’t go big with too much in my mind. Even my e-post is difficult to handle when really tired. My job back home is 24/7 in my mind and creates a lot of thinking even when not at my desk. I have been 4 years with the company and the opportunity my CEO gave me will pay back with a top motivated Viking back in September. The experience form my athletic journey has a lot of value also for my company. What about my family. When away I can’t do anything else than support from distance and do the best training to get as strong as possible and make them proud of me. I will have a ton to catch up on the family side when home again. That’s great – the time before Christmas will be family focused. My family is my sponsor and I have to do the training and secure the outcome to make the time away worth it.. Travel to good wetter, both for daylight and sun. Harstad is not the best place for triathlon. Last season I got in two rides without legwarmers over the summer. I`m not complaining. That’s just a fact. At Christmas time its pitch dark around the clock. There is some kind of a blue light for 2-3 hours each day and the energy level is far way down. This time I wanted to get to a warmer place were the wetter plays with me – then there will be no need to plan around the wetter. Simple but effective. Back home I normal use 20-30 minutes to get my clothes on. Even in the summer I sometimes have to finish my ride on the trainer or go home to change clothes to get the feel in my legs back. Boulder seems like a good option also when it comes to the wetter for the summer.  My coach have kept telling the team that we can learn more with one week alongside him and his team than you will get from distance coaching over time. I can support him on that. Last season I was training with Endurance Corner for 14 days and got a lot more than even I had dreamed for over those days. It will be great to get closer to my team and fine tune my training. Finally It will also save me a lot of money since US I cheaper than Europe. It`s a long travel but for such a long time the travel is no biggie. I just have one life – when I first talked my coach thru my goal who was UM UK he gave me the green light and we have since that day done a lot of training to prepare me for the final training in US. Even my CEO gave me early “go and get them”. A lot of savings will be used over this summer, but I only have one life and want to live it in harmony and happiness. Riding offers me both. What other says doesn’t bother me too much. Nothing makes me more happy than riding my bike… : ) At least nothing I can print here. .. 
All in,
//JH

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar